One cheated one homemade recipe of an apple strudel, so nice and delicious in cold winter time and super easy to make if you have spare apples – sour green ones work the best for the flavour and a package of purchased pastry. Some people use filo pastry, it is OK, but puff pastry makes better results and the filling does not leak either. Final touches with the beaten egg yolk and it is all about homemade yummy thing and a smell of cinnamon. Ready for Central European’s apple strudel waltz? Or polka.
- 5 apples
- one package of puff pastry
- a cup of raisins soaked in the rum
- brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- egg yolk
- Grate apples and mix it with 2 table spoons of brown sugar,cinnamon and raisins.
- Place apple mix onto the pastry sheet and wrap it.
- Bake it for 15-20 mins, before the end, polish it by whisked yolk for nice finish