Mussels are posh looking yet very easy and quick to make it as romantic meal for Valentine Day. Also count with a cheap price tag. Find any good fishmonger or a food shop selling good mussels. And good wine, the rest has to be used as a drink.
2 pounds of mussels, scrubbed, un bearded and checked (tap on, if it does not open, chuck it out)
1 cup of shallots
1 cup of white wine
1/4 cup of parsley
2 table spoon of butter
- Wash the mussels, un beard them and check them if any of them is bad. Put them into the saucepan with white wine and boil them for 5 mins or until they open.
- Take them out but leave the mussels wine stock. We will use it later.
- Saute chopped shallots with butter, add garlic later. You can add a spoon of the flour to make it thick.
- Add a cup of mussel wine liquid, not more. Stir until thick.
- Add parsley and stir.
- Mission accomplish. Place mussels on the bed of the white wine sauce an start serving with home made garlic bread – recipe follows – and a glass of chilled white wine from already opened bottle.